- It is for creating a sense of unity among the citizens and conveying a unified and consistent images of Siheung, and it is used to represent the city.
- Meaning of the Mark Symbol
- The thing stretching above the upper left corner dynamically expresses Siheung as constantly moving forward towards its goal.
- The orange ellipse, which has the shape of the sun, represents Siheung rising and leading the 21st-century west-coast era.
- The “S” shape in the middle represents the initial letter of Siheung and its developed road network.
- The blue ellipse expresses Siheung’s rich natural environment bordering the West Sea.
- It is a decorative sign representing the authority and status of Siheung, and it is used for appointment letters, citations, public official IDs, various permits bearing the mayor’s name and other documents, and the facilities and materials that the mayor deems necessary.
- The crest can be made as a metal seal or badge, and the badge shall be given to a person whose achievements are clearly contributing to the administration of the city, a foreign delegate visiting the city, a foreign guest or an overseas Korean who has a special connection with the city, or a person whose services or deeds are deemed especially necessary by the mayor.
Characters (Toro & Haero)
- They are used as elements that uniquely express Siheung. They are the bridge between the city administration and the citizens and are used to promote the images of a friendly city.
- Development Background and Meaning of the Characters
- The motif “turtle,” a fertile amphibious animal that symbolizes abundance, projects the images of Siheung as an emerging central city of the west coast in the 21st century.
- The names of the characters are “Toro (土路)” and “Haero (海路),” and they symbolize the green space and the sea of Siheung and mean the key transportation point that grows with nature.
Download the file
Symbolic Ecology (Siheung Mudflat)
- It is a natural landscape with a historical and ecological preservation value that represents Siheung, and it was designated to inspire civic consciousness and local patriotism expressed through environmental protection.
- Status and Designation Background of Symbolic Ecology
- The 280,000-pyeong mudflat located in parts of Po-dong, Bangsan-dong, Janggok-dong, and Wolgot-dong is the only back-bay mudflat existing in Gyeonggi-do. It is a high-ecological-preservation area that is a habitat for various types of living organisms, especially rare animals and plants like salt plants, with a beautiful landscape.
- It represents the historical and geographical characteristics of Siheung associated with the sea, such as salt fields, reclaimed land, and shell heap, and it is an expression of the citizens’ firm will and determined efforts to preserve the environment and to build an ecological city where nature and people coexist